- May 29 2023 - Jun 03 2023
- Open to the Public
Santa Fe Woodwind Immersion
May 29 to June 3, 2023 in Santa Fe: Closing Concert featuring participants on Saturday, June 3 at 6 pm.
STUDENTS attend the Closing Concert on June 3 at 6 pm free of charge.
Santa Fe Woodwind Immersion is a week-long series of workshops in which chamber music for flute, clarinet, oboe and piano will be coached, rehearsed, and presented in a closing concert. The June 3 performance is open to the public and is free of charge to all students. Woodwind Immersion expands our workshops to include additional wind instruments in 2023. Faculty for this year’s course are: Franz Vote, piano and chamber music coach, Daniel Schwab, clarinetist, and Linda Marianiello, flutist and chamber music coach.
Repertoire for the 2023 Woodwind Immersion, much of which will be featured at this year’s Closing Concert:
– Malcolm Arnold, Divertimento for Flute, Oboe and Clarinet
– J.S. Bach’s, Trio Sonata in D major for Two Treble Instruments and Keyboard
– Bach, Air on a G String from Brandenburg Concerto No. 3
– Madeleine Dring, Trio for Flute, Oboe and Piano (great piece!)
– Jules Massenet, Meditation from Thais arranged for Flute and Clarinet
– Darius Milhaud, Sonata op. 47 for Flute, Oboe, Clarinet and Piano
– W.A. Mozart, Romanza from “Eine kleine Nachtmusik”
– J.J. Quantz, Trio Sonata in C major
The 2023 Santa Fe Woodwind Immersion is partially sponsored by Verne Q. Powell Flutes, Del Norte LOV Foundation and Century Bank.
Linda Marianiello, Artistic Director and Powell Artists
Stuart Brown, Heidi Morning, and Merry Worley, flutes
Bryan Fearey and Daniel Schwab, clarinets
Madison McGregor, oboe
Franz Vote, piano
Santa Fe Woodwind Immersion Application Updated for 2023.pdf
- Program Available Soon: Please check back. Programs are typically available 7-10 days before performance date(s).
- Opening Faculty Concert
- Closing Concert